Sunday, June 17, 2007

Our trip

Our weekend felt like a whirlwind, being that we drove 10 hours for less than a 2-day stay; but I'd say it was worth it! We got to Camp Travis around 5:30 on Friday evening, and got to hang out with Becky and Wally for a little bit before dinner. We got to experience a Camp Travis dinner as it always when we worked there...lots of loud music, dancing on the tables, farkeling to see who has to drink the liquid trash, Scraperhead games, and lots of good food; including a camp favorite: HONEYBUN CAKE! I'm so glad I got to taste this deliciousness once again; I must admit I ate 2 pieces!

Some fun new toys at the lake: trampoline, trapezes, new kayaks, another jet ski



The next day, we went to the Austin "zoo". I use that word lightly because it is nothing impressive; but Annalee didn't care. We met the Voskamps there, and we all appreciated the cool weather. Once again, God blessed us with a cool, overcast day at the zoo.
After the zoo, we got home and went down to the lake and played, then went to the pool and played some more. The girls really liked it! Annalee really had fun watching me & Lee go down the big slide at the pool (see video). After that, we drove into Marble Falls and ate dinner. Then this morning (Sunday), we ate breakfast & drove home. Pretty quick, but it was so good to see everyone!

0 comments: