Lee and I surprised Annalee by taking her to the theater last night to see Cinderella, and I'm pretty sure it was the highlight of her life! Although it was the original Rodgers & Hammerstein version, and she didn't know any of the songs, she was very enthralled with the story and mesmerized by Cinderella. Every time she would go off-stage, Annalee would ask, "Is she coming back?"
During the intermission, the director announced that the cast would be in the lobby after the show, in case anyone wants to meet them. So I asked Annalee if she would like to meet Cinderella and get her picture taken with her. Her little face lit up and she nodded yes. So after the show, we wove our way through the crowd, and I pointed out Cinderella and said "There she is," and Annalee immediately RAN to her and held her arms up and was practically in her lap before I could give Cinderella a heads up. So I snapped a picture, and I'm surprised Annalee is looking at the camera because she couldn't stop looking at Cinderella. It was so sweet.


0 comments:
Post a Comment