I had my 32-week appointment today. It was supposed to be just the normal, uneventful kind: pee in a cup, weight, blood pressure, measure the belly, listen to baby's heartbeat, done. However, I measured 3 weeks small today (and did so at my last appointment as well). This is highly unusual for me, considering I always measured larger than I actually was with the girls. So, the doctor decided to do a sonogram to figure out why. Before the sono, he said that there are 3 reasons to explain a small belly measurement: 1-low amniotic fluid (bad), 2-a small baby (not so bad), or 3-the position of the baby (good). PRAISE GOD it was #3! So I got to see little Brady again today...although he's not so little! He's already a whopping 5 pounds (I still have 7 more weeks)!! And overall he's measuring nearly 2 weeks big: every measurement the doctor took was at least 33 weeks, and his head...wow, let's just say according to 2 measurements, it's in the 96th percentile. Let's hope things even out there. Anyway, the doctor said it looks like we will have another extra-large baby...YAY!!! And yes, he is in a very strange position, sort of hurdle-style: left leg straight up in front, right leg bent with his foot on his rear. I asked if he was stuck like that, but the doctor assured me that he still has enough room to change positions fairly easily. Whew!
Monday, July 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I love Brady's name!
So glad everything is going super smoothly!
Post a Comment