Lee and I took the girls to San Antonio last weekend, leaving Brady behind with Mimi (Lee's mom). It was our first time away from him, and I was pretty okay with it. I got sad when we left, and also when I saw a baby about his age while in San Antonio. But I knew he was in good hands!
Lee and I were a little worried as we pulled out of Midland, because the weather forecast for central Texas was very bleak. It was supposed to rain the whole weekend! Our big plans were to go to the zoo on Friday when we got there, and then Sea World all day Saturday. Rain would have possibly ruined our plans, but God had great favor on our trip!! Not only did He allow the rain to let up shortly after we arrived at the zoo, but He gave us gorgeous weather and there were very few other people out! We felt like we had the whole place to ourselves! Then Saturday, the rain had cleared off by the time we woke up. It warmed up nicely and we again had another beautiful day. Sea World is amazing and has changed a lot since I went in high school. I think the girls are at a great age, and there was a lot for us to do. They really enjoyed the shows, and Annalee rode her first roller coaster! (Addie was too short and cried the whole time Annalee & Lee waited in line and rode it...poor thing!!) I think their highlights were feeding the dolphins (SOOOO cool!!) and taking pictures with Shamu and a dolphin (can't remember her name).
Lee and I were a little worried as we pulled out of Midland, because the weather forecast for central Texas was very bleak. It was supposed to rain the whole weekend! Our big plans were to go to the zoo on Friday when we got there, and then Sea World all day Saturday. Rain would have possibly ruined our plans, but God had great favor on our trip!! Not only did He allow the rain to let up shortly after we arrived at the zoo, but He gave us gorgeous weather and there were very few other people out! We felt like we had the whole place to ourselves! Then Saturday, the rain had cleared off by the time we woke up. It warmed up nicely and we again had another beautiful day. Sea World is amazing and has changed a lot since I went in high school. I think the girls are at a great age, and there was a lot for us to do. They really enjoyed the shows, and Annalee rode her first roller coaster! (Addie was too short and cried the whole time Annalee & Lee waited in line and rode it...poor thing!!) I think their highlights were feeding the dolphins (SOOOO cool!!) and taking pictures with Shamu and a dolphin (can't remember her name).
at the zoo
3 comments:
SO fun, Ashlee! I'm glad you had the perfect weather! :)
what a fun time! sounds like the perfect trip for your girls. :)
Awesome! I cannot wait to take my boys!
Post a Comment