Has it really been over a month since my last post?? Where do I begin?
We celebrated Addie's 3rd birthday the first weekend of October, which was a blast because there was a lot of family who came in town to share the day with us.
I made Addie's birthday cake
my mom reading her new book
Aunt Becky read to Joe and Annalee
Brady taught Uncle Dave a few things on the piano
Addie is in LOVE with her Minnie Mouse doll
Then the following weekend, Annalee and I flew to Dallas to see the traveling Broadway production of Mary Poppins. We met Terri, Becky, and Mary Kathryn there too. The show was really good, and we had so much fun hanging out. Another highlight of that weekend was getting to go to the Texas State Fair.
While we were there, we saw a large crowd gathering and soon caught wind that Oprah was about to show up. We didn't have time to stick around and wait, but as we were walking away, we saw a caravan of blacked-out suburbans being led by several police motorcycle units. Guess who? So we got a pretty close view of her.
The next weekend we all traveled to Waco for the TAPPS State Cross Country meet. (I help coach at MCA.) All of my runners performed well, and my boys placed 3rd as a team, and I also had one boy and one girl get All-State honors.
That brings us to this past weekend. I was able to get away for a few days and go to Prude Ranch for our church's women's retreat. It was great, but wouldn't you know that Brady decided to take his first steps while I was there!! I haven't had a chance to take any pics or videos yet, but He has progressed quite a bit since then, and can now take 8 steps at a time.
While we were there, we saw a large crowd gathering and soon caught wind that Oprah was about to show up. We didn't have time to stick around and wait, but as we were walking away, we saw a caravan of blacked-out suburbans being led by several police motorcycle units. Guess who? So we got a pretty close view of her.
The next weekend we all traveled to Waco for the TAPPS State Cross Country meet. (I help coach at MCA.) All of my runners performed well, and my boys placed 3rd as a team, and I also had one boy and one girl get All-State honors.
That brings us to this past weekend. I was able to get away for a few days and go to Prude Ranch for our church's women's retreat. It was great, but wouldn't you know that Brady decided to take his first steps while I was there!! I haven't had a chance to take any pics or videos yet, but He has progressed quite a bit since then, and can now take 8 steps at a time.
Yesterday I took the kids to a local pumpkin patch:
Brady loved playing in the sand
And this is how I sent the girls to school this morning. They are having their Pumpkin Parties today, and let me just say, I love that their school calls it that rather than a Halloween Party, since we aren't fans of the holiday.And that pretty much sums up our month.

0 comments:
Post a Comment