Amidst a fierce bout with pink eye in all 4 children, we decided to go ahead and make the trip to Lubbock on Wednesday to cheer on the Red Raider basketball team one last time as they played OU. Man, was it worth it! It was Senior Night, and Wally's last home game. In summation, it was incredible, inspiring, and made everyone who knows him feel so proud. The night began with presentations to & acknowledgements of the 6 seniors, for which Micah and Tim & Terri got to be on the floor with him.
If these first few pictures look like I'm on the court, well, it's 'cause I am. My sis-in-law Lindsy and I wanted to get some close-ups, and kinda ended up down there pretty much on the baseline. I felt like I was in high school again, sneaking out after curfew to join up with friends...sorry Mom & Daddy, it's time I confessed. Glad to finally get that off my chest. Anyway, we decided to stick it out until Wally went out or we got kicked out...luckily, the former happened.
the starters walking out just before tip-off
tip-off
hustle!
defense
last free-throw...don't forget to look at the jumbotron!
great game, guys!
high scorers...Wally's #10
the Fan of the Game was holding this sign...I tracked her down and snapped a picture
post-game
Wally's last 3 and then the chanting...I got teary-eyed!
this wasn't recorded live, obviously, but you have to see the play of the game!
post-game recap











0 comments:
Post a Comment