Sunday, February 7, 2010

demo day!

Now that we have a 4th child and 2nd boy on the way, Lee and I decided it is time to make our hall bathroom more functional for our growing family. It has always been just right for us, but now that we have both boys and girls, it is time to make a couple of improvements: add a 2nd sink, and build a pocket door to allow the toilet/shower area to be blocked off. This way, more than one person can use this bathroom at a time. Unfortunately, doing these types of renovations means tearing out a lot; and we decided to just gut the whole room. I'll admit I was very happy to say good-bye to the whole 1950's look.

Before pictures:
(Just imagine: the original look had a turquoise tub/toilet/sink, and the wall paper had bright pink & turquoise seashells)

Yesterday was demo day. I knew what to expect, what it would look like, but to see it in person was something else. I left with the kids in the morning and was gone for about 12 hours. This is what we came home to:
I really wasn't expecting to see the back side of my fireplace!
I'm pretty sure the ceiling, tub, and window are the only things that remain from the day before. So, we will be a 1-bathroom family for a little while, but I am really excited to see what the finished product will like. We've already chosen all the new materials & tile...we're going with neutral, earth tones. I'll update with progress pictures as we go.

0 comments: