Wednesday, February 24, 2010

We have walls.....and snow! And a trip to Florida!

Lee and Alan have been working so hard on the bathroom...and now we have walls up and are ready to tile!! Hopefully it won't be long before we will have a 2nd toilet again!
We have another delay on the progress coming up though...and as frustrating as it is that it means our project will take even longer because of it, I'm even MORE excited to get away with Lee this weekend! We're taking an early anniversary trip to Florida! We're flying to Orlando on Friday, and when we get there we're driving straight to Tampa to see the traveling Broadway performance of Wicked...it will be my 2nd time to see it, and I can't wait to see it again and for Lee to see it. Then Saturday and Sunday we'll be back in Orlando for Disney World! I know, 2 days is not nearly long enough...I've been there. However, being 6-1/2 months pregnant, I think that's all I can handle. We're hoping to take the kids there soon, so this is also a sort of "scouting" trip...we're going to their new park called "Animal Kingdom" and also Epcot. We know they love the Magic Kingdom, and maybe we can make time for Universal Studios next time. Then we're flying home on Monday. The kids are so excited that they get to stay with cousin Joe while we're gone!!

In other news, it snowed pretty good here yesterday...and it was the GOOD snow, you know, sticky! So we got our gear on and built the biggest snowman we had the energy for (when I say we, I mean me). I know it's a little lopsided and the head is too big, but I'm pretty proud of my first snowman I've built as a mom! The kids had fun helping and playing in the snow.
Then we went inside, stripped off the wet clothes, and the girls warmed up in front of the fire.

0 comments: