Our computer crashed. Again. For those of you not keeping track, this is the 3rd time. Pretty much hating Apple right now. So the iMac is in the trusty hands of the Geek Squad yet again. Praise Jesus for my awesome husband who had just backed up all our pictures and videos for me just days before this happened. It's possible they will have to replace the hard drive. Again. So for now, I'll have to give you a picture-less synopsis of the past 3 weeks.
The most exciting thing recently is that Annalee started Kindergarten! I can't believe it! She is absolutely having a blast, and when I picked her up after her first day and asked her how it went, she said very emphatically, "I LOVED IT!" I haven't once had to ask her to do her homework (yes- about 2 hours per week!), she asks to do it! She's working on writing letters and numbers, phonics, and spelling. She has already memorized about 15 sight words, and is working on memorizing her first poem that she has to recite in class at the end of September. I'll definitely be posting that video! I love the MCA schedule. She is in school from 8:30-3:30 on Tues/Thurs with Mrs Miller (whom she adores already) for the core curriculum, and 12:30-3:30 on Fridays for enrichment day...Science, Art, and Ballet classes were the ones we chose, and she loves those classes and teachers as well. We feel so blessed that she is attending such an amazing school!
We've been spending a lot of our time at Terri's pool, since the weather has been too hot to be outside just playing. Brady is quite the swimmer, and is fearless in the water...which is both good and bad. We have to watch him constantly. He can now jump off the diving board and swim to the side! The girls would swim all day if I let them. Even Dawson enjoys the water. He has become quite the little cutie recently. And he's been rolling over for a few weeks now!
One final thing is that Lee took the girls on a weekend-long trip to a friend's house on a river in Leakey, along with Luke & Joe, Travis & his girls, and Cameron & his boys. You can only imagine how much fun they had catching fish, throwing rocks, riding a 4-wheeler, sleeping in a sleeping bag (even if it was indoors), and swimming in the river. That same weekend, Brady went to Lubbock to do Nana Camp with my mom, so it was just me and Dawson for 2-1/2 days! That was very weird, but quite relaxing.
I hope my next post is full of pictures and videos, and that we get our computer back soon!
0 comments:
Post a Comment