Tuesday, October 19, 2010

earrings!

Annalee has been asking for months to get her ears pierced.  You never know how serious a child's request is until you realize they've been persistent through your attempts to blow it off.  At first I didn't think she was serious or knew what it entails; so a few weeks ago when she was asking for the 50th time since last spring, I sat her down and explained what the process would be like.  Afterward, when she said she still wanted to do it, I knew it was time to talk to Lee.  We agreed that she is old enough to handle the responsibility, so I told her we'd wait and do it on the weekend, mainly because Claire's only has 2 workers on the weekends and you HAVE to get both ears done at the same time.  I gave it a 50/50 chance she'd chicken out, but the closer it got, the more excited she got.  She never once asked to delay or not do it.  And she was so brave and tough!  Not one tear.

before...

during...ouch!

after!

0 comments: