I can't believe how much of a sponge kids' minds are. I'm getting to see another level of this with Annalee's school work.
Part of Annalee's daily homework is a set of phonics flashcards. I've learned that doing them at mealtimes is the best time for us and also the easiest. (I'm all about multi-tasking.) As you will see, Addie and Brady love to do them with her. In fact, if I skip one of them, they will quickly let me know so they can have their turn. Let me do a quick set-up for this video. On the front of the card (the side they see) is a picture and the letter that object starts with. On the back side (the side you see) is the answer; they are supposed to say what the picture is and then pronounce the sound the first letter makes. So if the front side is a picture of a monkey and the letter "m", they are to say "monkey, mmmm."
This is a picture of Annalee's first ever graded assignment. She had to memorize this poem and then recite it in front of her class. She has never liked being up in front of people, so we were so proud of her for doing it!
0 comments:
Post a Comment