Lee loves any excuse to use an inappropriate word appropriately; so I thought I'd try it. Tomorrow morning, I'm going to do my first race in years: the Hot Dam...a 5-mile course that involves some pretty good sized hills. Am I prepared? For the distance, yes; for the hills...nope. We'll see. When I ran Cross Country in high school, this area is where we trained. So we'll see if they are still do-able.
Here are some shots from the last few days; Annalee sporting her new gangsta/can-can dancer style; then later that evening she burned her finger tips on Grandma's new grill. Pop-Pops was cleaning it, and told her not to touch it. But just as we like sheep go astray from the guidance of our Good Shepard, Annalee decided to test it out for herself. And just as God sometimes has to discipline whom He loves,
Annalee had to experience the natural consequences of touching a 500-degree grill. Her finger tips were red & swollen, and turned into blisters.
But after the ice she'd been rubbing on them had dulled the pain, she quickly became very excited at the prospect of getting to have 4 band aids.
Friday, August 10, 2007
Hot Dam!
Posted by Ashlee at 2:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment