Thursday, July 5, 2007

eventful day

*WARNING*Descriptive bladder issues!*
So, I went for my morning run this morning, having just had a burning sensation during my first-morning pee, which continued through my run...those of you who've had a UTI know what I'm talking about. So I figure it's just my UTI from a month ago coming back. Anyway, got home around 7:30, and by 9 the pain had gotten so bad that I could barely stand up and had to take 4 Advil. I called my doctor, and went in to give a sample. I sat down, put the cup in the proper position, and I hear "plop!" in the cup...it was a kidney stone!! I was horrified. Needless to say, after that, the pain was gone.
Ironically, today was the day that I'd chosen to begin potty training Annalee. I was waiting until I knew I could be at home for several days to focus on it, although I've known she's been ready for a while. And I was right...she basically trained herself. Is that some kind of record, or something?? What a genius.
Speaking of being a genius, I meant to post on Monday that I took her in for her 2-year well check. The doctor was amazed at how well she speaks (she speaks in full sentences!). And here are her physical stats: she's 35-1/2 inches tall (95th percentile), and weighs 26 pounds (50th percentile). She had to get 2 shots, hence the 2 purple bandaids on her upper thighs.

After dinner, Lee pushed the girls around in the car Annalee got for her birthday...Addie thought it was so funny and didn't want to get out! What a fun time, to get to hear them laughing and squealing up and down the hall...it's the most joyful sound in the world.

5 comments:

Lindsy said...

I'm not surprised Annalee caught on so quickly. Congrats! Oh, and sorry to hear about the stone. That's crazy! I hope you're feeling better.

~Stevie~ said...

1 Day? That's awesome! I will be sending Jakson your way soon. He still likes peeing in the floor. Must be a boy thing!! ;)

Ashton said...

Wow, you will have to share the secrets to potty training @ the next moms group. And I am glad that you are better, atleast it wasnt a long drawn out thing.

Katie - a Blessed Mommy! said...

I appreciate your "honesty" about bladder issues online- you crack me up! And congrats on the potty training- maybe you should write a book for the rest of us! kb

Anonymous said...

Do you think she will want to be a ballerina and go on point??? Look at those feet. I think this is one of my favorite pictures of her. :) Miss you guys.