Monday, July 2, 2007

New York: loved it!!

Lee and I have now been married for 6 years! Where has the time gone? We took a special anniversary trip to NYC from Thursday thru Sunday. It was a total blast! We did so much in that short time...rode the Staten Island Ferry (which allows you to get a close view of the Statue of Liberty), shopped, saw 2 shows (Phantom & Les Mis), ate some phenomenal food, went to the top of the Empire State Building, walked around Central Park, Chinatown, and the Financial District (including Ground Zero); went to a Yankees game, rode several subways, and saw one mostly naked girl playing the guitar in the middle of Times Square. My highlight was definitely seeing Phantom. Lee's was definitely the baseball game and getting to see Yankees Stadium. Also, every stereotype I'd ever seen on t.v. was lived out at some point on our trip: men playing chess in the park as others looked on, lots of street vendors selling just about anything, lots of foreign taxi drivers (the 2 we used were both Arab), a few crazy people, lots of LOUD, abnoxious people, lots of pizza places, and breakdancers dancing to M.J.'s "Got to be Startin' Somethin'" in the subway station. A few things I was pleasantly surprised about were how friendly the people were, how clean the city was, and that I only saw one beggar/homeless person. I think one of Lee's and my funniest moments was when I was shopping at Ann Taylor, and the um, guy, I think, who helped me was a 5'2" asian man with a platinum blonde mullet that went halfway down his back. He was also sporting stilettos. His name was Benny. Very odd. Anywho, check out these pictures...

In Times Squareview of the Statue of Liberty from the Staten Island Ferry
view from the observation deck of the Empire State Building (86th floor)
in Central Park
overlooking Central Park
Derek JeterA Rod


2 comments:

~Stevie~ said...

Such cool pics! It looks like you guys had a BLAST. I am, however, disappointed that there is no picture of Benny... ;)

Michelle said...

I agree with Steve, I'm sad there was not pic of Benny! I'm so jealous! What a fun trip! So Glad you got to go away together!